Superimpose next button on image | XM Community
Question

Superimpose next button on image

• 31 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I'm rather new at using JavaScript, so I would like some help if possible. I have eight trials in which a picture is shown like the one below. For every trial I have inserted a mouse tracking code (see attached file). Participants are asked to 'walk' from the blue dot at the bottom to the table. The code works perfectly, however the x and y coordinates of the mouse are only properly saved when the participant clicks on the next button. Since I'm interested in the walking path from the blue dot to the table I do not want to have output from the path from table to next button. I was wondering whether I could superimpose the next button onto the laptop on the table in the picture. If so, what code is needed for this? I would really appreciate any help.

!

P.s. If you have any other/better ideas on how to stop the mouse tracking when reaching the laptop, I'm all ears.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can use an image map that defines the area of the table, then attach an event to the table area that clicks the next button.
Hi TomG, thank you for your response. I have made the image map and defined the table as an area. I have also added a click event. However, when I preview the questionnaire, it does not work. What goes wrong?

HTML code.docxSorry forgot the code

Leave a Reply