Can I control (in other words, reset) the pinch zoom in mobile survey? | XM Community
Question

Can I control (in other words, reset) the pinch zoom in mobile survey?

• 8 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello all,
I'm testing a survey on my iPhone and have noticed that certain questions (for example, drop down selects) automatically zoom the browser screen in.
In the cases where the "Next" button can be selected when the screen is zoomed in, the zoom setting of the browser persists and, when the respondent comes to the next question, the zoom makes it difficult to see the next question.
I've seen code where I can bring the user's screen to the top of the page when the respondent comes to the next question (thank you TomG), but does anyone know if I can control the browser's zoom? I'd prefer that when the respondent clicks "Next" the browser's zoom is reset so the respondent can see the question with the biggest screen possible.
Thank you all very much!
Franc

2 replies

I am also having this issue in my survey and would love to know if someone has a solution for this.
Thanks in advance!
Tammi

I had the same issue and I think I found a solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6483425/prevent-iphone-from-zooming-in-on-select-in-web-app

Basically, go to the old style editor in the look and feel tab, click advanced, and paste this where it says Header:

Leave a Reply