Pull data from previous surveys and counterbalance questions in current survey - longitudinal study | XM Community
Question

Pull data from previous surveys and counterbalance questions in current survey - longitudinal study

• 10 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I'm new with Qualtrics and have a challenge in implementing the counterbalancing as described below:
For example, I have participants do a longitudinal survey for 10 times, once a week. I have a pool of 5 questions, participants will answer one question each time, they won't be given the same question until the second round starts (starting week 6). The order of the 5 questions in each round is randomized. (e.g. 5-3-1-4-2 in week 1, and 2-4-5-3-1 in week 2)
Each participant should have their unique ID. And I was wondering how to pull the data from previous weeks so that the same questions won't appear in the current round.
I appreciate any help and advice on this.
Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can maintain a contact list to track the questions displayed in each study. Assign some unique variable to each question, (eq: isQ1Displayed), if this was displayed in first survey set it to 1 and store the same in contact list. Now in second survey show the Q1 only if isQ1Displayed = empty or 0. Similarly for other questions.

Thanks, rondey.
To link the question history with its corresponding participant, is the best way to use an authenticator or do you have a better idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If I assume that you have contact list and sending survey to them then you can use same contact list to store the data else yes, assign each participant a unique Id and use authenticator on unique id to get data.

Leave a Reply