Mobile version missing content | XM Community

Mobile version missing content

• 14 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi Everyone

I'm having trouble getting matrix labels to display on the mobile version of our survey.

We have 11 scale points with 4 labels covering the 11 points. Matrices preview correctly on the desktop (including the labels Poor 1-3 etc) but the labels are missing from the mobile version. Is there a reason for that or a step I've missed?

Correct desktop view:

!
Incorrect mobile view:

!

Thanks for any help.
CS

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi C_S2020,
I would suggest contacting Qualtrics Support to confirm, but my guess is that the missing labels are an inherent limitation of making that type of question compatible with a Mobile view.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

C_S2020,
MatthewM is correct. Scale labels aren't displayed in mobile (aka accordion) view.

Badge +1

OK thanks MatthewM and TomG for the info.

C_S2020 I am new to using Qualtrics and was having the same issue. When I was searching for a solution, I came across this post as well. I realize it's a month old and you may already have a workaround or solution, but I'll share mine that I came up with in case it will help.
Basically, I use the labels and I also put the text in my scale with my numbers. But, I condition the text to only show for Mobile view. It ends up looking like the below...notice on the mobile view the first scale point is "1 - Not at All Satisfied"...but on the desktop view all you see is "1" because the " - Not at All Satisfied" will only show for mobile.
Mobile Accordion View.jpgSomeone who knows CSS better could probably improve this, but in the custom css box under Look & Fell I have this:
  .mobileShow { display: none;}
  /* Smartphone Portrait and Landscape */
  @media only screen
  and (min-device-width : 320px)
  and (max-device-width : 480px){ .mobileShow { display: inline;}}

Then, my scale points looks like this:

- Not at All Satisfied

- Completely Satisfied

Badge +1

bradr636 thanks so much for your advice. That is the perfect solution to my problem. Much appreciated!

Leave a Reply