displaying only one question from the block | XM Community
Solved

displaying only one question from the block

• 22 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,
I hope im in the right category, but i have a question about the blocks in the survey. I created a block which contains several questions, and i want to display every time only one of the questions from the block, and after that the next question, instade of the whole block at once. Is it possible? (I know i can do it in sprate blocks but its not an option because of other reasons).
Thank you very much!
Lital

icon

Best answer by rondev 22 April 2020, 19:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Use page break between the questions

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

lital if you don't need to randomize the order of the questions in the block, you can use page breaks like rondev suggested.
However, if you need to randomize the order of the questions in a block, you will lose those page breaks. You may also have a lot of questions that makes this a pain to go back in and add a ton of page breaks. A work around (inspired by LaurenK comment on a similar topic Randomize blocks keeping page breaks) is to use the block randomizer. Under advanced features you could leave all of your questions in the FIxed Display Order box - to have no randomization - move questions to other boxes to turn on randomization. But at the bottom right there is an option for questions per page, type 1 in this box so only one question appears on the page at at time. Much quicker than manually adding page breaks.

Thank you very much that was very helpful! Do you know what can i do if i need to insert timing limitation to each one of the questions? The display logic (Display this Question only if...) is not working in this case.
Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

If you need timing limitations, you will need to use manual page breaks. And you can use the timing question. See the help page for more information: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/timing/

It seems like its impossible to add randomaizer and timing at the same block, so It didnt solv the problem after all... But thank you very much for your help, I will try to find other ways to make it.

Leave a Reply