Question about the data generated by simulated test responses | XM Community
Solved

Question about the data generated by simulated test responses

• 23 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello Qualtrics community,
I'm building my survey and I'm generating some responses to observe the data generated for analysis.
My first question is a consent form, if they click "NO", the survey ends due to the skip logic.
image.png
When observing the data, I see that some tests where system selected "No" in the consent, are showing answers for the next questions when the logic says that there should not be any. Any idea why this happens?
Also, in some cases where the consent was marked as "yes", there is no data for the next questions. When looking in detail shows :This question was not displayed to the respondent.
image.pngHope anyone can help me, I'm looking forward for your thoughts!
Thank you
MR

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 24 April 2020, 14:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi mauruge,
Can you share a screen shot of the consent question and the skip logic?

Hi Matthew,
Here is the screenshot.
image.pngThanks !
MR

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

mauruge do you have anything in your survey flow or survey options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks. I think you don't need the second Skip option (Agree is Selected, Skip to End of Block). That's likely why there's no data for those who choose Agree.
I can't tell from this why you are getting data for those who choose Disagree, however. Do you have those questions on the same page as the consent question, or is there a page break in between or different block?
Also, as bstrahin suggested, there could be something in the Survey Flow or options causing this to happen.

Hello Mathew
I have removed the second skip logic and keeps happening the same in the new tests. It might be just a hypotheses, but is it maybe the system simulating people that agreed but immediately dropped down the survey?
bstrahin the consent is in a different block from the other questions. I have not used flow features for this survey as you can see in the image down below:
image.pngMau

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

mauruge you may consider adding a branch with End of Survey element as a back up catch to get people who disagree to the Consent block question and terminate the survey that way. I like the stability of an End of Survey Element better than skip logic when possible.
Show Block: Consent
Branch IF Consent Question = Disagree
OR IF Consent Question Is Empty
-> END OF SURVEY ELEMENT (indented under the branch)
Show Block: Block 5....

Hello bstrahin , thank you, i will try it and let you know how comes up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Good point, the Agrees with no data could represent drop-outs.
Hope that the solution from bstrahin solves your problem!

Great news,
Using the survey flow to show the route, solved the problem of the skip logic, now all the disagree answers end the survey! Thank you @matthewm and bstrahin, now I'm ready to rock!

image.pngMau

Leave a Reply