Is there a way to use a variable to determine the Contact List Trigger Field name? | XM Community
Question

Is there a way to use a variable to determine the Contact List Trigger Field name?

• 24 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

This is hard to explain. I want to keep adding new data to a contact list (allowing the respondent to fill out the form multiple times). Say I ask you to pick an item from a list. And I want to put these in my contact list through a trigger. The first time, you pick, I put it in "Item1." The next time "Item2" and so on. I know how to create a variable to track which number you are up to, and then use a contact list trigger (with a condition) to put each of the answers first in Item1, then Item2, and so on. But that means I need as many contact list triggers as choices. 20 items? 20 contact list triggers! That's a lot of triggers.
It would be great if I could use a variable for the Field Name in the Contact List trigger so I create a concatenated value of "Item" and "N" (N is the number of iterations i'm up to) and then I only need one Contact list Trigger, with setting the variable's value in the Survey Flow. Is there a way to do this?
Marty

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

So, found in "Actions" that you can use embeddded data for the Field Name in a contact list trigger...but it doesn't seem to work - it puts the code in instead of the value.

Leave a Reply