Reusable questions | XM Community
Question

Reusable questions

• 24 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi!
This question is about using different sets of Reusable Questions in one survey form. The issue is that I created a set of multiple-choice questions using a certain set of anchor points (say 5 points distributed between "Very likely" to "Very unlikely"). This set is used for say 10 questions in Block 1. Now in Block 2, where I have another set of 10 questions, I need a different set of anchor points (say 5 points between "never" to "very frequently'). I have created these two sets in two csv files. The problem is that calling one file changes all the anchor points, i.e. in both the blocks, whereas I would want the two sets of reusable questions to be used in two blocks separately. I don't see any option to use different sets of reusable questions simultaneously in one survey.
Thanks in anticipation.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

It doesn't seem like the feature you are using is meant to have multiple sets. The help page makes it look like it has to be one big set that you turn options on and off for. Another way of possibly doing this somewhat efficiently is using the Edit Multiple feature in the editing pane (scroll down a bit on this link to get to the Edit Multiple information).

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/reusable-choices/

Thanks. The Edit Multiple feature allows me to change open question at a time. That is tedious. So I guess this feature is not available. May be I shall make a suggestion to them. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

dchatterjee that is exactly what the Product Ideas section of this platform is for! Hope you get some up votes if you post the idea there.

Leave a Reply