Is it possible to show different parameter values for each respondent? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to show different parameter values for each respondent?

• 28 April 2020
  • 4 replies

As shown in the figure below:
Each participant will face the same question with different parameter values A or B.
And they will answer 5 questions with different parameter values A or B. That is to say, each of the participant will have different sequence of A or B for 5 questions.
The sequence will be put into an excel file and upload in Qualtrics. How to realize that?
Capture2.PNG

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The solution will assign random parameter to question 1 - 5.
Create 5 ED (Q1Param, Q2Param, Q3Param, Q4Param, Q5Param). Then in the survey flow for each ED follow below setup to assign them random value:
image.pngPipe these ED as required

Hi rondev,
Thank you very much for your answer! However, the sequence of A and B is fixed. They are generated based on the choices of our another experiment. I guess I need to import the excel file somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you are distributing through contact list, then create 5 embedded data in Contact list and assign them that value from excel. Then in the survey flow you can easily capture that values and used it in questions.

Is it possible to show different parameter values for each respondent?Thank you for your answer! I don't plan to distributing through contact list. I plan to create a link and the ID of the participants depends on the time they enter the survey.

Leave a Reply