Embedded Data field in piped text after update | XM Community
Question

Embedded Data field in piped text after update

• 28 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a survey with piped text from a contact's embedded data. Each day I am uploading contacts and those with the same email have their embedded data updated, I then generate individual survey links with new distributions.
However, depending on when the survey is opened, the piped text displays different text. If the survey is opened before the new embedded data was uploaded, it uses the old embedded data. But if the survey is opened after the new embedded data is uploaded, it uses the new embedded data. Once the survey is opened, the piped text does not change anymore.
I would like to use the embedded data at the time the survey link was generated, instead of when the survey was opened. Is that possible?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi lmak,
For this use case you will want to set up the fields in your contact data as transactional data. This is currently available through automations in XM Directory or through the API.
Documentation here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/directory-contacts-tab/managing-a-single-directory-contact#ViewTransactions
If those options are not available in your current license I believe you would need to set up separate contact lists for each distribution to get the desired behavior.

Leave a Reply