How do I send multiple surveys to manager of new hires?

ericnelsonericnelson milwaukee, wiCommunity Member, XM Advocate Qubie ✭

How do I send multiple surveys to manager of new hires?

Goal: Use Lifecycle Surveys (EX) to automate surveys to managers of new hires. The surveys are used to assess the recruiting process.

My Environment: My Directory is auto-populated nightly. Automation is set up on my manager project to pull in managers who recently hired an employee. I have Message Automation set up to send messages weekly. I can't create multiple user profiles for a manager, because manager user profiles are used with our SSO login for dashboard viewing.

Use Case 1:

I have a survey sent to managers one week before their new hire starts. I want to be able to send the survey to these managers when they've hired a second (or third or fourth) employee at a later date.

The Problem: By default. Message Automation only sends messages to participants whose Project Status is Not Complete. So, anyone who has a second new hire will be in one of two scenarios:

1. They completed their previous survey. The Message Automation won't send them a new link because their Project Status is Complete.
  2. They didn't complete their previous survey. The Message Automation won't send them a new link because they already exist in the Participants list and have survey invites that were triggered after their first interview.

Use Case 2:

I have a survey sent to managers one week before their new hire starts. I want to be able to send a separate survey for EACH new hire that starts on the same day. (If the new hires were both/all on the same job requisition, I don't need separate surveys.)

The Problem: By default. the project only allows me to send one survey to each participant.

Best Answers

• MaiaHMaiaH Provo, UTModerator Moderator
    edited June 2020 Accepted Answer

Hi @ericnelson, there's not currently a way on the platform for handing those use cases specifically. Every time a new hire is received, they will need a new link to the survey.

If they have already completed the survey, we would want to toggle a participant's status as having not completed the survey by terminating the link between the participant and their already recorded response.

If you have any additional questions regarding this setup or troubleshooting these use cases, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance!

• kpaulekpaule Langley, BC, CanadaCommunity Member, XM Advocate Qubie ✭
    Accepted Answer

Here's how I got around this for my 45-Day Leader survey:

I used a Lifecycle survey to automatically bring new hires into the survey once they are hired. Distribution is set to an anonymous link. 

Once a week, our HR Service Center runs a report to view all new hires coming up to their 45 days with the organization. They use a mail merge template to email an leaders the anonymous link as well as the employee's Employee ID (unique identifier). When leaders click on the link, the Branch on Successful Authentication --> Authentication Type --> EmployeeID prompts them to enter in the employee's Employee ID. This brings up the correct survey for the specific employee and also allows multiple responses for leaders with multiple new hires. 

I also have another Lifecycle survey for employee to provide feedback at 45-days. The HR team is then able to compare the employee and leader's feedback to see if there are any issues that need follow-up.

Hope that helps!

Kristina :)

Answers

• ericnelsonericnelson milwaukee, wiCommunity Member, XM Advocate Qubie ✭

Thanks, @MaiaH.

Your second paragraph describes toggling a participant's status to terminate the link between participant and previously completed surveys. Is there a Support Page that details how this is done?

Thanks again.

• MaiaHMaiaH Provo, UTModerator Moderator

Hi @ericnelson, apologies with any confusion regarding "toggling". This is in reference to disjointing the participant with their already recorded response!

We can do this by either deleting their original response and sending a new invitation or by sending the participant a retake link :)

Thanks, Maia.

Here's my use case using a Lifecycle survey:

Week 1: Send to 10 managers who have new hires. All 10 complete the survey.

Week 2: I have 10 managers who have new hires--two of them also had new hires during Week 1.

I have the survey option that allows for Multiple Responses. So, I know those two managers can retake their surveys without overwriting their Week 1 response. But how do I send invites to all ten managers? Won't those two repeat managers be excluded because the Participant Invite only be sent to those whose status is "Not Complete?"

Thanks, Kristina. That's a fascinating work-around. Very helpful, indeed!

Sign In to Comment