Score in MaxDiff type question | XM Community
Question

Score in MaxDiff type question

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to implement a score for MaxDiff type question.
I have a set of Best Worst questions, which lists several attributes that follow a specific design, according to which a subset of the attributes is presented in each question. Let's assume for example that the full set of attributes is: {Restaurants, Cafes, Hotels, Roads, Hospitals}.
In the first question, respondents should select the Best/Worst among: {Restaurants, Cafes, Hotels}
In the second question, the subset includes {Hotels, Roads, Hospitals}
The third question includes {Restaurants, Roads, Cafes}

I would need to count how many times each attribute has been chosen as Best and Worst, so I would need to create two counting variables that I can transform after into a single score.
Reason why is that I would need to display further questions based on the attribute with the highest/lowest score.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As scoring is not available for Max diff question, this is possible either using branch logic with multiple combinations or using JS. In either of the case create attributes*2 ED in the survey flow. Now either using branch logic increment them (time consuming) or using JS you can increment them on the fly.

Thanks rondev.
I am aware that the score is not available for Max diff question and therefore I was trying to create counting variables.
Branch logic is unfeasible as I have too many attributes. I am looking at implementing JS but it seems like I am doing something incorrect as I cannot update the counting for the variable Best.
After creating the ED countRest, I am using this code in the addOnUnload section of the max diff question:

if ("${q://QID1/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoicesForAnswer/1}" == "Restaurants") {
  var countRest = countRest + 1;} 
else { var countRest = countRest + 0;}
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData("countRest", countRest);

As you can see, I am not practical with JS. Do you have any suggestion on what is wrong?

Leave a Reply