How to create branch logic of block based on recipient's name (from Contact List)? | XM Community
Solved

How to create branch logic of block based on recipient's name (from Contact List)?

I am trying to pull the name of recipient's name from Contact List to create Branch Logic on each block.
Based on each recipient, it would determine which block of survey, he/she will see from the survey.
How do I go about doing this?
First, I thought creating a drop down menu by each recipients' name in one block, then tie that selection from the drop down into Branch Logic, but it does not seem to have that option.
Thanks in advance.
Justin

icon

Best answer by TomG 10 May 2020, 14:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can use the embedded data fields RecipientFirstName and RecipientLastName. See: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/#BuiltinEmbeddedData
That said, branching by name seems like a very cumbersome approach for a survey. Maybe you can add fields to your contact list to group people that should take the same questions or use piping to customize questions so that everyone can take the same questions.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for helping me again.
For my survey, having separate Contact Lists for different Frequencies (Yearly, Monthly etc.) makes sense because there would be duplicate rows of data with same email address if we use one Contact List for all frequencies.
Regards to using RecipientFirstName and RecipientLastName, I am stuck here.
EmbeddedData.jpgMy logic is bringing in RecipientFirstName & RecipientLastName, but how do I go about doing it?
The weird thing is, I do not see RecipientFirstName & RecipientLastName from the Embedded Data choices (it only shows extra columns of data beside default columns of FName, LName and Email address).
BTW, does the Survey Flow logic makes sense?
Thanks.
Justin

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Add RecipientFirstName and RecipientLastName to your Embedded Data block just like ManageEmail, FiscalYear, etc.

Thanks.

Leave a Reply