Height and weight questions | XM Community

Height and weight questions

When asking participants to input their height or weight in inches-feet and stones-pounds, how do you put in two box options

and to also have the option of saying I do not know.

And can you have an option to validate this e.g. can't weight less than x, or be less than 100 cm.
e.g
image.png

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Deer,
You can use Custom Validation to set valid ranges on the text entry fields in your multiple choice options.
image.png

Thanks for that!

Is it possible to have two boxes for stones- pounds and feet-inches?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Yes, you can have multiple lines/conditions in the custom validation logic. My example just showed one line.

image.pngI understand how to validate it- but I am referring to where participants enter values- can you have two separate entry boxes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Yes.

Thanks Matthew, would you mind demonstrating how to do this?

thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Sorry, I may not have completely understood what you are trying to do. Do you mean that you want, for example, two different boxes for "feet-inches"? If that's the case, then I don't know of any way to do that, and would suggest just asking for height in inches.

Yes- two boxes to for "feet-inches".
All good- thanks for your help

Are you referring to something like this:
image.png

Yes :)

Hi Matt,

can you expalin how to do that please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Deer - The image is just a Side by side question with first column as open ended and with two column answers in it.

can you put limits on those? to validate that it is a correct height?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/25625#Comment_25625Yes, you can add custom validation to this question.

Thanks!

But is it possible to do the above with options below e.g. the I would prefer not to answer and I do not know?

image.png

Leave a Reply