Any way to make answer exclusive in a multiple answer column within a side by side question? | XM Community
Solved

Any way to make answer exclusive in a multiple answer column within a side by side question?

• 6 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have a side by side question with two question columns. Ultimately, I want one of the columns to be a single answer multiple choice, but I want respondents to be able to deselect answers if they change their mind about answering it. I know that with a normal multiple choice question, I can make it multiple answer and then make all answers exclusive. That way they can deselect all options, rather than just switching between answer options. However, there doesn't seem to be this option within the side by side format. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 6 June 2018, 23:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Yvonna, I took a look at a side-by-side that I programmed. I made my column likert scale and formatted as a drop down box because I have up to 10 rows and 2 columns with 5 options in each column (holy buttons if I show them all!).

When I chose this formatting the drop down list automatically includes a blank option. I'm not sure that you could use force response in this case because I have some complex custom validation set up to allow one of my column/row combinations to be blank but that the rest have to be answered.

Leave a Reply