JavaScript font difficulties | XM Community
Solved

JavaScript font difficulties

• 7 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hi all of you coders out there - I'm wondering whether any of you also have difficulties with the JavaScript editor font. Two related issues: first, the font is not monospaced, and second, the cursor often appears in the wrong place (see screencast below). I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

Basically my cursor never lines up with the actual location of the text I'm editing in the JavaScript editor. I never know whether I'm deleting the wrong text until I actually do because the cursor often shows up in the wrong spot. Sometimes the cursor doesn't even line up with any text. I think this wouldn't be a problem if they would use a monospaced font in the editor window. Screencast: youtu.be/UIAOUoyDjTk?hd=1
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 8 January 2018, 00:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@lillianc This is a definite problem I have run in to. My solution at this point has been to do all my code in an actual editor, and then transferring it to the Qualtrics editor
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
@AnthonyR thanks for your reply! I agree - I do most of my coding externally and copy and paste, but wish I could make small edits within the editor. I contacted Qualtrics to put in a feature request for a more appropriate editor font back in 2016 - hopefully if enough people also have this issue, they might do something about it!
Badge +5
Yup; same problem! I have some code that references the internal question number of the previous question. As I update/replace the source question, I need to change the question number in the code. Selecting the 2 digits of the number is almost impossible due to that cursor issue, so I too copy/paste/copy/paste with a text editor.

Leave a Reply