I am having trouble changing the button formatting of multiple choice questions. | XM Community
Solved

I am having trouble changing the button formatting of multiple choice questions.

• 15 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
I am having trouble changing the button formatting of multiple choice questions. Specifically, the response buttons display as boxes rather than radio buttons. Could you please advise on how I can change the button formatting?
icon

Best answer by RachelTHREE 15 November 2017, 23:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
To confirm, Are you trying to change from a single-answer multiple-choice question to a multiple-answer multiple-choice question?

If so, in the sidebar, select the green "multiple choice" dropdown, then the dropdown next to "multiple choice" and select the option that fits what you'd like the best in terms of formatting - you'll want something that starts with "multiple answer" rather than "single answer", but there are a few customizations beyond that. Qualtrics will show a quick preview of each option if you hover over them, so you can easily select what fits your needs the best!

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You will need to use a theme that uses the button format you are looking for. A good default one is called "Boxed Questions" If you would like your brands custom theme changed, your brand administrator can make the request here: https://www.qualtrics.com/theme-design/
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I may be mistaken, but I believe in Qualtrics the different types of buttons represent different question types.

Boxes represent questions that are multiple choice (with more than one answer users can pick -- ie check all that apply)

Radio buttons represent questions that are single response (where only one question is accepted - boxes may feel more confusing since they can't check all that apply)
I know this question is a few months old but I would like to chime in since I have basically the same as the original question. I'm a newbie coming over from another survey tool.
When I setup a Multiple - Single Choice question, in the survey preview I see

!

How would I make the answer choices into radio buttons instead of the solid boxes, such as this:

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@WNewt - In the future, it would probably be best to start a new discussion to ask a new question. Anyway, you can change to another theme that uses radio buttons, such as 'Minimal 2014'. Change themes under Look & Feel.
Yea, trying to get into the swing of things with Qualtrics. Thanks for your help on this.

Leave a Reply