saving data into qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

saving data into qualtrics

Hello Everyone,
I have a timer 10 seconds to fill only one feedback question about his/her experience on the interaction with the random person. data is only recorded in Qualtrics only when the user hits the submit button but data is not recording when the user didn't press submit button with in the time period of ten seconds. i wanted to make use of data and want to record the data in Qualtrics even if the user misses the submit button option in ten seconds. does anyone know how to do that with javascript?
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 7 March 2018, 22:20

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Click the NextButton inside a setTimout function. I can’t post the code now, but will when I get a chance.
Okay. thanks. Please post the code whenever you get a chance. thank you .
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
This is the JavaScript necessary

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
var that = this;
var allowedTime = 10 //Set this to the time allowed on page
setTimeout(function(){
console.log('Now!!');
that.clickNextButton();
}, allowedTime * 1000 );
});
Okay. i will try this code and let you know. thank you
> @CaptainAustralia said:
> Javascript is fine but just to make sure you’re keeping things simple, why don’t you just configure the Timer Question to automatically submit after 10 seconds?

I didn't understood clearly what you said? can you break it down for me?
> @Abhi said:
> Okay. thanks. Please post the code whenever you get a chance. thank you .

Thanks
> @TomG said:
> Click the NextButton inside a setTimout function. I can’t post the code now, but will when I get a chance.

Thanks
The Timing Question (see https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/timing/) is an optional question type that helps you track and control the time a respondent stays on a survey page. If you don't have it, ask you Qualtrics Account Manager about it.

You set the number of seconds you'd like to give to respondent. It has a feature to 'auto advance' after the time has expired:

!

F
> The Timing Question (see https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/timing/) is an optional question type that helps you track and control the time a respondent stays on a survey page. If you don't have it, ask you Qualtrics Account Manager about it.
>
> You set the number of seconds you'd like to give to respondent. It has a feature to 'auto advance' after the time has expired:
>
> !
>
> F

i will try this. and let you know. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> The Timing Question (see https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/timing/) is an optional question type that helps you track and control the time a respondent stays on a survey page. If you don't have it, ask you Qualtrics Account Manager about it.
>
> You set the number of seconds you'd like to give to respondent. It has a feature to 'auto advance' after the time has expired:
>
> !
>
> F

This is a totally valid method, but it is worth noting that the javascript version gives you more control, since it allows for timing in milliseconds.

Since this wound up in custom coding, I figured I would share the js, but the timer method is definitely simpler to configure.

Leave a Reply