CSV Report trunkating TeaLeaf Session IDs | XM Community
Solved

CSV Report trunkating TeaLeaf Session IDs

• 12 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi everyone -
I've been struggling to get this to work... On a daily basis, I send out an automatic report through Qualtrics with all of the 'passive feedback' comments from our website visitors. The report is in CSV (it has to be, because it has to be a long-long table). One of the fields is the TeaLeaf session ID, which most of the time is a long string of numbers, but sometimes letters are also included.

When there are only numbers in the session ID, the ID gets turned into scientific notation in the CSV report, and there's nothing that I've tried so far that gets it to present correctly. Reformatting the column into numbers literally changes some of those numbers (see example below). Importing the CSV into Excel (using the Data Tab/From Text CSV) does not fix this problem. There is no problem with Session IDs in trigger emails and I can see the entire number in the data - so this is probably not a Qualtrics issue per se. I have set the embedded variable type to be either 'text' or 'text set' for the ID embedded variable.

Any ideas?? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 12 March 2018, 17:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Start with a blank Excel sheet and import the csv as text (From Text button). When you go through the import wizard, specify the TeaLeaf session ID column as text:
!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
@TomG - Tom, this is great!! Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply