Building Creatives with Images | XM Community
Solved

Building Creatives with Images

• 10 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Currently I create my creatives by inserting images into Powerpoint and making my Powerpoint slide look like how I want the creative to show up. Then I take a screenshot and upload it into Qualtrics as my creative. However, this method leaves the image kind of fuzzy. Is there a better way for me to get pictures and buttons into a creative?
icon

Best answer by JasonHill 15 November 2017, 17:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hey Barnaby,

This subject is near and dear to my heart. My first suggestion is to close PowerPoint as it's a presentation tool at its core, not a graphic design tool. If you have to work in MS Office, I would suggest using Publisher instead. However, Adobe Illustrator is my app of choice for graphic design. I've created many images for Site Intercept using Illustrator. One of its many advantages is that it's a vector-file format program, meaning you can create an image and easily scale it to any size without losing quality. You can also export images in multiple sizes using the Export for Screens tool. Having multiple sizes of the same image will allow you to easily upload a couple of versions and test which one works best on the screen. With Retina displays being more and more common, it's probably best to upload an image that is double in size (pixel size) and and then reduce it to the optimal size in Site Intercept. For example, I exported an image that was 90px W X 350px H and uploaded it to SI, but then in SI, I reduced it to 45px W X 175px H. This gave me a crisp image and preserved the aspect ratio.

Looking forward to seeing you at X4!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hi Barnaby,

If you have to suffer making creatives though powerpoint, one trick for clearer files is to SAVE AS and change the formatting to .jpeg or .png. You'll have scalability without losing resolution. This really applies to any program, vs screenshots. Because we love fuzzy dogs. Not fuzzy images.

Leave a Reply