Is it possible to display a image captured using the file upload question type in Vocalize | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to display a image captured using the file upload question type in Vocalize

• 16 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30
  • Level 4 ●●●●
  • 163 replies
We have a form where a user can report a found animal which includes a file upload field for them to include a photo of the found animal. Is it possible to display that image in a Vocalize dashboard (or any other report)? I don't even see the ability to add the filed in the data set when setting up the dashboard in Vocalize...
icon

Best answer by Michael_Campbell_RedPepper 16 March 2018, 14:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I'm fairly confident in saying that you can't, but am not fluent in Vocalize. There is an option, however, when you view the respondents' responses to preview the uploaded file.

!

And you can also download the images in batches.

But I feel confident in saying that that isn't a supported feature.
Userlevel 5
Badge +30
I figured as much but it never hurts to ask 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
For sure! I always make sure to reach out juuuuuuust to make sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
So... not "fluent" in vocalize, but I have done some tricky things that aren't suppose to be possible, such as make youtube videos appear in vocalize (training purposes) and make a URL embedded data field not look like a URL but still be a hyperlink to the URL (harder then it sounds, trust me).And I can confidently say that you cannot do this without some manual effort.

If you are ok with manual effort, then this is how you would do it.
1. Set an email trigger to yourself for whenever a survey is completed that has an image file. I assume the image file data will be a URL, if so, add that URL as part of the email that is sent out. (apologies, my current license doesn't have this feature so I can't research on your behalf)
2. If the file is not a URL, you need to this step, else ignore. You will need to download the image and save it to your Qualtrics image library in order to get a URL for the image.
3. Once you have the image URL, log in to Vocalize and add the URL to the list of URL Image Slideshow widget. This could also be a good time to remove any dogs that no longer need to appear in the reel.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
> @Akdashboard said:
> So... not "fluent" in vocalize, but I have done some tricky things that aren't suppose to be possible,

Haha story of my life!
Userlevel 5
Badge +30
Thank you, hopefully there won't be too many lost pets and this will be a manageable solution.

Leave a Reply