How can I add a field just for admin use? | XM Community
Solved

How can I add a field just for admin use?

• 16 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Hello,
I am looking to create a field that only survey admins can fill out. I'd like to be able to put a checkmark next to a participants' response once they have completed the "in-person" requirements.
Thank you!
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 20 March 2018, 21:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@isc
How are you identifying the admins? And will they be filling out the fields before or after the other respondents complete their portion? The way I would attempt this in my institution (which may or may not work for you) would be to have the individual complete their portion of the survey first and then trigger the survey to be sent to an admin for the second portion (admin fields) to be completed. I'm not sure how to put a check mark by a response though...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
If you have a piece of information indicating they're an Admin on their Contact information in your Survey Distribution, you can have a block that shows up conditionally in your Survey Flow! Let me know if you need elaboration!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@isc - I think @VirginiaM is asking some good questions. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to solve for?
The admin needs to add their piece after the participant filled it out. The situation is that participants fill out an application on Qualitrics ahead of time, and we need to keep track of who shows up.

@VirginiaM, Having the survey send out for staff to fill out admin fields sounds like it could work! How do I indicate a field is only for admin?

For now, I've added a field that is hidden conditionally, so that staff members can fill it out by editing the response. This isn't quite as seamless as I would have liked but it will do.

Thank you all for your help!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@isc I was actually thinking the admin only questions would be in a separate block and I would use branching logic to display the block accordingly
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@isc
Are you worried about response quotas? If not, would set this up as 2 surveys for general ease of use for your admins. You would basically make 1 survey for the participants. Use the respondents names to populate a single multi-select question of "who showed up".
Badge +1

VirginiaM I have a similar situation and I'm trying to use your suggestion with branch logic. What I'm trying to do is create an admin only block that appears at the end of the survey and is not viewable to the applicant at all. But I'm not sure which conditions to use to trigger this. Can you help me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

Are you using single sign on authentication ssbyron? If you could embed a field that identified the person as an admin, and then have the block hidden to the applicant, that might work.

Leave a Reply