What is something custom or innovative that you would love to see another user build | XM Community

What is something custom or innovative that you would love to see another user build

• 30 November 2017
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I am always looking for challenging new ideas of things that can be built for the platform. I would love to help make at least some of your wild ideas a reality. I can't promise I will get to all of them, but I will do what I can when I have downtime.

Custom question types?
Interesting Integrations?
Interesting Web Services?
Something fun / unique?

35 replies

> Honestly a really cool solution, though what I like about the solution I began building is that it doesn't require the time to setup each item and outline them well. Can be applied directly to existing multiple choice questions with minimal effort, and in theory can be made more and more responsive to device type over time.

Yeah - having this set up in a column, as you did, would make the setup very straightforward and easy to change/pop in new products - I'd also assume you could randomize the locations of each item on the shelves - something the Hot Spot method couldn't do.

I suppose one advantage of the Hot Spot method is being able to click what you like and what you dislike (your method, you could just copy the question and instruct how you want, though). Hot Spot can also deal with oddball shapes... and should work just as well on mobile devices.

Depending on what kind of shelf test you'd want to do - telling someone to 'find' the product on the shelf to give a 'findability' score - if paired with the timer question. Could also just use a heat map, too.

Anyway - it's been a long time since I've done any shelf tests and don't anticipate doing them in the future... fun to find novel solutions on this platform.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @AnthonyR said:
> > @MartyK said:
> > the ability (I submitted as an enhancement) to "filter" a report on a field. So if we have a field called "department" - looking at the results, I want to be able to change the report to show only the results for a certain department...wait for it....From a drop down (instead of having to create a "permanent" filter or multiple copies of the report. It should be "simple" to do...
>
> Unfortunately this is more of a feature request than something another user of the platform can build :(

@MartyK
If you opt for their dashboard solution (Vocalize) you can do this. You could also create role-based dashboards that will auto-populate the correct department (and more if you have a hierarchy) upon login.
@AnthonyR

I am trying to achieve this. We need 7 columns, with three columns of text in the middle and two columns of choices either side. The choice options are to be grouped per row as the user is expected to only choose one option per row.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/443/custom-side-by-side-question-with-7-columns

Could you help?

Thanks,
Manu
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@AnthonyR , not sure if you are still taking requests. If you are, this is something I would love to get figured out.

With the new advanced reporting, do you know of anyway to export the entire report to Word, and have Word properly recognize the graphs and tables so macros can be used on them?

Exporting individual graphs works this way, but when you export the whole report everything gets recognized by Word as drawings instead of charts (exporting to PDF then converting to Word). Any ideas for how to do this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @manu0079 said:
> @AnthonyR
>
> I am trying to achieve this. We need 7 columns, with three columns of text in the middle and two columns of choices either side. The choice options are to be grouped per row as the user is expected to only choose one option per row.
>
> https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/443/custom-side-by-side-question-with-7-columns
>
> Could you help?
>
> Thanks,
> Manu
>

Looks like I was already beaten to the punch on this one!
🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @uhrxx005 said:
> @AnthonyR , not sure if you are still taking requests. If you are, this is something I would love to get figured out.
>
> With the new advanced reporting, do you know of anyway to export the entire report to Word, and have Word properly recognize the graphs and tables so macros can be used on them?
>
> Exporting individual graphs works this way, but when you export the whole report everything gets recognized by Word as drawings instead of charts (exporting to PDF then converting to Word). Any ideas for how to do this?

This seems to currently be a limitation of the new reporting method. definitely worth putting in a feature request to Qualtrics for though. Unfortunately it would require access to the Qualtrics back end code to update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thanks @AnthonyR. I assumed that was the case, just thought I would double check. I put in a feature request a couple months ago but haven't heard anything.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Hi @AnthonyR ,

We talked briefly at the X4 meeting. You suggested I ask my question in the forum so others could share. I would like to have required responses based upon the condition of an embedded data field. I have a one page survey, the embedded data is coming from the contact list. So the idea is that if someone is in a particular group, they are forced to answer the questions. If they are not in the group, they still see the questions but they are not required to answer them.

Thanks for being so giving in the community.

Sincerely,
Rett
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @rettweber said:
> Hi @AnthonyR ,
>
> We talked briefly at the X4 meeting. You suggested I ask my question in the forum so others could share. I would like to have required responses based upon the condition of an embedded data field. I have a one page survey, the embedded data is coming from the contact list. So the idea is that if someone is in a particular group, they are forced to answer the questions. If they are not in the group, they still see the questions but they are not required to answer them.
>
> Thanks for being so giving in the community.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rett

I'll find the code I have used to handle this and make sure it is up to date sometime this week!
Badge
> @AbdulDezkam said:
> 5) Realtime refresh of dashboard as data ticks in. Perfect for internal meetings and conferences where a live feed could either count the feedback or simply show the input in a stream a like flow. Top that with a kahoot-ish feature, if you will. Maybe in the fun category 😃

I realise I am a little late to the party on this one but this suggestion from Abdul jumped out at me as it's similar to a challenge I am having for the team here. We are importing data live (every 15 mins) from our support team and are using that to display a sort of live view of what kind of calls are coming in to support. Doing this should tell us if we have the right people on the right queues or if something has gone wrong with the product or any number of other things. I have built something in vocalize but I am trying to find ways of making changes in the data jump out so you don't have to be watching constantly to notice something different.

I'd really appreciate some help on this if anyone is up for the challenge?

Leave a Reply