Missing Data? | XM Community
Solved

Missing Data?

• 21 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I'm attempting to insert piped text into an outbound email message that is triggered by a case closing in Salesforce. I have all the embedded data fields I need except for Case Owner for some reason? I'm able to go through and select the case owner name to store in a contact list if I want to:
!

The name shows up as it is supposed to when I go check the contact list:

!

But when I check my available fields for embedded data, all I get is the Owner ID field. I cannot drill any further to reach the actual name of the Case Owner:

!

So when the email message is sent after a case is closed, it will say 00550000004RxjPAAS just handled your case rather than Julia Smallwood. Is there any way to get the actual name embedded? My outbound message currently looks like this:

!
icon

Best answer by Michael_Campbell_RedPepper 21 March 2018, 18:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Yeah! So this is a source data (Salesforce) issue, rather than a Qualtrics one. The ID in Salesforce is a unique, arbitrary, value that the system uses. You need to pipe in a Name field instead.
I think that is his point, the Case Owner Name is not an option in the embedded data for Case.

I'm going to try to create a formula field for Case Owner Name in Salesforce that will be hidden. However, it would be nice if it were there by default.

Leave a Reply