How do I set up lowest bucket quota selection? | XM Community
Solved

How do I set up lowest bucket quota selection?

• 20 March 2018
  • 7 replies

The lowest bucket is based off of brands paid for, age, and gender. I've created embedded data for age/gender - not sure if that is helpful. Don't know how to take into consideration all of the brands paid for.
icon

Best answer by Michael_Campbell_RedPepper 20 March 2018, 17:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly. Could you elaborate on the brands used?
The brands paid for Software A, Software B, Software C, etc. This question is set up as a multiple answer matrix question with paid and free listed as the scale points, and the brands listed as the statements. The age and gender questions are single answer, multiple choice questions.

If the respondent is a Female, Age 18-24 and pays for Software A and Software B and the quota for Software B/Female/18-24 is less than the quota for Software A/Female/18-24, then I'd want the respondent to fall into the Software B/Female/18-24 quota group.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Ah! I see what you're going for, I think. So, depending on the answers to previous questions, you want a dynamic result in this bucket system.

There are two ways you can approach this, one uses Qualtrics Platform entirely, and the other uses the Javascript API, and I recommend we try the first one because it is less technical, but I'm open to the second if the first doesn't work.

In your Survey Flow menu, you can conditionally set embedded data fields.
!

(Ignore the random questions beneath - this is my sandbox survey)

And you can do that for all of your demographic fields.

Then, based on what they put in, you can have a block dynamically display what information you need it to by reading those embedded data fields and calculating the results.

I could go into more detail, and I'm willing to walk you through it if you need it, but that should get you started!

Please let me know if you need elaboration!
Thank you!
Badge +5
Click on the drop down arrow for your quota group > Multiple Match Handling > select either "least filled" or "least filled percent" (based on your preference). In this screenshot, if someone selects Product1 & Product2 then it will update the Quota Bucket with the lowest percentage filled.

I hope this helps!

!
My company isn't paying for the multiple match handling feature. Is there a work-around to this?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Yeah! @Jaron_Brown_RedPepper and I were talking about how to best solve your problem yesterday afternoon. We were able to recreate your survey (on a small scale) and retrieve the current values of each of our dummy quotas.

I was able to write Javascript to do the logic of determining which Quota to count the current survey to (as in, the quota that had the least number of surveys met.

The solution is not all that complex, but the implementation requires precision. It includes using the Javascript API to manually populate the buckets using the answers provided.

Leave a Reply