pick group rank limits in groups | XM Community
Solved

pick group rank limits in groups

• 8 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.

My question pertains to the pick, group, and rank style question. By default Q offers the ability to set a limit and max entries into the categories options as a validation rule. However, the min and max are global across all groups.

How would I be able to vary the min and max per group? E.g.: group 1 can only have one entry, group two can have a max of 3 but at least one, group 3 min is 1 but max is 2.
icon

Best answer by Samarth 22 March 2018, 08:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I had a script that did this in SE, but it doesn't work with JFE. I looked into it a bit, and it would be VERY difficult to get it to work in JFE.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
HI @RobandCI ,

I will follow below steps to accomplish this:

Step 1 : Create a additional constant sum question with 3 option 1 each for the groups with initail value "0" just on same page as your question
!
Step 2 : Create a JQuerry code to change the value of constant sum options corresponding to each group to "1" if the min and max per group for the group is fine. Attached is the code in file "Coderank"
Step 3 : Apply custom validation checking that all constant sum value are "1" then only respondent can proceed ahead please update the error message accordingly
!

I am attaching the survey file too for your reference, let me know if it works for you!

Regards,
Samarth
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Samarth - Genius. I even love the little touch of labeling the block 'magic'. Love it.

Samarth I'm looking to solve the same problem. Unfortunately your javascript is not working for me for an unknown reason - I get a validation error message for the pick, group and rank question no matter what (by the way, this now gets a warning that clearInterval is needed, but whether that's added or not doesn't fix my issue). Could the container id's e.g. "eq(0)" be different in my version of this question to your example I wonder?

Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/31623#Comment_31623Hello, if you do not mind, I would like to ask whether you have solved problem somehow?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/1588#Comment_1588Thanks for your sharing. Unfortunately seems Qualtrics has done some update so it's not work now. Wondering if you have any idea or update?

Leave a Reply