I am trying to embed a Date field in the survey flow | XM Community
Solved

I am trying to embed a Date field in the survey flow

• 22 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I successfully imported data into a live survey from a csv file. The first header on the csv file is the Submission Date.
The import Qualtircs "Recorded Date" is correct because it's the day I imported but the date I received the imported csv files date back 6 months. I want to capture the actual date our customers submitted the survey using our old syste.

I tried to create an embedded field for "Date" in the survey flow but I might have put it in the wrong place and/or set it up wrong. Has someone successfully done this and could share your knowledge. Screen shots would be awesome
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 22 March 2018, 18:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ChadM - Is your issue that you exported survey results, then imported them in to a survey and lost the historic Recorded Date because it is being overwritten with the uploaded date?

If so, what you need to do is add a new embedded data field to your survey flow (call it ActualRecordedDate or whatever) then re-import your csv and map the previous Recorded Date to this new field. I would also recommend making (ActualRecordedDate) equal to Recorded Date using piped text in the survey flow. That way you always have one field to reference.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
When importing a date, there is a part where you can determine the format of the date. If that doesn't line up with your imported date format, you will run into issues. Another potential snag point is if your timezone isn't set, or doesn't match the import: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/managing-your-account/research-core-account-settings/#UserSettings
Thanks Michael. Do I make those format edits in the survey flow module?
Akdashboard,

Yes you are correct. I want to keep the actual submission date behind this legacy data. I haven't tried using piped text. I'll give it a shot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ChadM - Yeah, that is what you will want to do then. It is annoying, but I run in to this problem every so often and this is the best solution I have found.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
If you are familiar with Javascript, I recommend Moment.js - it has all the tools needed to take the complexity out of Date formatting.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Akdashboard How do you pipe Recorded Date into an embedded data field? I try to pipe it in survey flow but Metadata is not an option for me?

Leave a Reply