How to create a data point with each response that is the count of answers that is unchecked? | XM Community
Solved

How to create a data point with each response that is the count of answers that is unchecked?

• 11 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 24 replies
I have a survey that starts with three multiple choice, multiple answer questions with all of the options selected by default. The respondent will review the lists and uncheck anyone who they do not want to participate in the study. I'd like to have a data point with each response that is the count of answers that is unchecked. How can I do this? I was thinking Math Operations or Custom Fields but I wasn't able to find a solution that worked.
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 15 November 2017, 22:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You could create a variable in survey flow, let's call it counter, and default it to 0. Then add a branch to check if an answer is not selected. if it is then increment the counter:

`counter = $e{e://Field/counter + 1}`

Add one of these branches per answer.

I have attached a qsf of this in action.

This can also work as a counter method for just about any other logical conditions that can be put in a branch.

Alternatively, you could add a branch per selected count. Though this requires the same number of branches and slightly more updates per branch.

Leave a Reply