Randomization of blocks | XM Community
Solved

Randomization of blocks

• 4 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone!

I got a newbie question that I hope somebody can help me with!

I have 16 blocks, and I wish to present ALL of these to my respondents in a randomized order. I have managed to build the Survey Flow and I have filled in the number 16 in the box of the elements that I would like to randomly present. My question is about the "Evenly Present Elements" tick box. If I want ALL of the blocks to be presented, does it matter in any way to tick this box? In my mind, all of the blocks should still be presented randomly without ticking the box? I understand its function when you only want to present a couple of the total blocks under randomization, but not when you want to randomize ALL blocks under the randomization.

Does this question make sense?
Can anybody help me understand Evenly Present Elements when I want to randomize ALL blocks under a randomizer in the survey flow?

Thank you very much!

/Vendela
icon

Best answer by Radam 4 April 2018, 14:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30
Yes the question makes sense.

And when you want to display everything in a random order that box doesn't really matter.
Thank you Radam! 🙂
Badge +1
Hi @Vendela , that option only matter when you want to distribute specific number of questions to multiple respondents such that all questions will appear equally.
Hello, guys!
Could anybody help me with a rather basic question? I've got two blocks, one of target items (01-40 sentences) and another one with fillers (41-70). I have randomized them separately and it's working perfectly, but it turns out I need to randomize them across blocks. So, I'd like my participants to see random sentences from BOTH blocks. How can I do this?
Thank you!
> @Rodrigo said:
> Hello, guys!
> Could anybody help me with a rather basic question? I've got two blocks, one of target items (01-40 sentences) and another one with fillers (41-70). I have randomized them separately and it's working perfectly, but it turns out I need to randomize them across blocks. So, I'd like my participants to see random sentences from BOTH blocks. How can I do this?
> Thank you!

You need to put both the block question in single block and apply question randomization to that block
Shashi,
Tks for the answer, but what I wanted to do was exactly not to have both blocks put together... but I'll figure something out. BTW, do you know whether we can do self-paced reading tests on qualtrics? (Sorry, if you know what it is, but basically, that would be a sentence that shows itself, word by word, as the participant presses a button). I want to measure the reading time of each word in the sentence, you know?
Thank you again?

Leave a Reply