Having more than one survey feed into the same results table | XM Community
Solved

Having more than one survey feed into the same results table

We have four event planners on campus and, after they coordinate an event, they send a feeback survey to the event owner. Currently, everyone is using the same survey. I am wondering if it would be possible to have each planner have their own edition of the survey. Initially the reason for this desire was so that each could set up a trigger that would email them the results but a secondary benefit would be to be able to track aggregate feedback scores by event planner.

Usually I can figure out things pretty easily for Qualtrics with all the resources that are available but I am stumped on this one, thus my venture into these forums. Thanks in advance for any help.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 5 April 2018, 22:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I don't think you actually want separate surveys. I think you can achieve what you want by using Embedded Data fields and a query string in the URL. I use this approach for writing critiques evaluations and it works great for me.

1. The first thing in your Survey Flow add an Embedded Data field called "Planner" and leave it as set from panel or URL
2. From your distributions tab, pull the anonymous link
3. Create links for your four planners:
* anonymouslink?Planner=Name1
* anonymouslink?Planner=Name2
* anonymouslink?Planner=Name3
* anonymouslink?Planner=Name4

All of your data will stay in one survey which is great for aggregate reporting. The trigger can bet set with a condition that Planner = Name1 or Name2 or Name3 or Name4. And when it comes to reporting you can filter by Planner to get results by each separately or any combination that you want.

This page is helpful for more information on query strings (adding embedded data to URLs): https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/
Aha, brilliant! That will work. Thanks much!
John

Leave a Reply