Identifying mobile vs desktop survey completion | XM Community
Solved

Identifying mobile vs desktop survey completion

• 7 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi all

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask, but I was wondering if there is way to identify whether a response was taken on mobile or on desktop. We're just interested in knowing what the majority of our respondents use.

TIA!
icon

Best answer by TomG 8 April 2018, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There are a number of ways to do this. The easiest would be to just add a Metainfo question to your survey in a block that all respondents see. This will give you more detailed client information than just mobile/not mobile.

If you want only mobile/not mobile, you could add this this your survey flow:
!
Badge
Thanks! I had forgotten about the Meta Info question type.
Badge
Can someone add more details about how to set up a Meta Info question to record whether the participant is taking the survey from their desktop or phone?

It's not clear to me how to create a new field and name it "mobile" in the survey flow magically allows one to record the participant's device. I am sure I am missing something, thanks!
> @PVE said:
> Can someone add more details about how to set up a Meta Info question to record whether the participant is taking the survey from their desktop or phone?
>
> It's not clear to me how to create a new field and name it "mobile" in the survey flow magically allows one to record the participant's device. I am sure I am missing something, thanks!

Please refer this page

Leave a Reply