Formatting of the survey link | XM Community
Solved

Formatting of the survey link

• 4 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello, I created a custom email to send out the survey and I am hoping to include a button in the email that will lead people to the survey. I am having a hard time formatting the survey link. I need to use the link rather than a URL. I can format the URL, but can't figure out how to format the link that looks like this : ${l://SurveyLink?d=Take the Survey}. If someone has successfully changed the formatting can you please let me know what you did. Thank you!
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 4 April 2018, 18:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@lnelson I am wondering why you have to use the variable SurveyLink instead of SurveyURL. The SurveyURL is still unique to each respondent in the mailing list. Qualtrics help page explains that the SurveyURL is unique to the respondent in the distribution list:

"Survey URL: This Piped Text will be replaced with the entire web address of the participant’s link, in case they have difficulty clicking on the Individual Link."

I pulled some code from https://copernica.com/en/blog/post/how-to-create-email-buttons-with-just-html-and-css and updated it to get a button that says START YOUR SURVEY.

In the email distribution I opened the source code view and put in:

!

I've added a screen cap of the email !
Hello bstrahin,

Thank you for your response. I was told that the Survey URL doesn't let me track per email responses, but I will check into it further, maybe I was told wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@lnelson you were given miss information. You can test this for yourself or see my screen cap here.

The code to generate this email that I used is:

Follow this link to the Survey:
${l://SurveyLink?d=Take the Survey}

${l://SurveyLink}

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
${l://SurveyURL}

And from the screen cap, you can see that the link and URL are identical.

!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@bstrahin, I think this code looks great within Qualtrics, but I am getting a different look when I view the actual email and it does not look as much like a button. Do you experience this issue as well, or do your emails retain the nice looking button format when viewed in an email client?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@uhrxx005 I've only tested how it looks in Outlook and it is showing up like a button there. It's where I got my screen cap from.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thanks for clarifying. It doesn't appear to work in gmail the same as it does in Outlook.

Leave a Reply