Intercepts not working on Internet Explorer browser | XM Community
Solved

Intercepts not working on Internet Explorer browser

• 5 April 2018
  • 6 replies

We are having issues to see intercepts on IE. We are using the slider, but have seen issues with other creatives as well.
Qualtrics recommendation has been to reach out to our IT team as this might be related to our page security setting for this particular browser as due to the nature of our business we have a private website with high security in place.
Has anybody seen similar issues? We need to know where to start investigating. THANKS
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 12 April 2018, 16:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi Cristina,

Which version of IE are you using? Do you have a computer that isn't managed by your IT that you could use for testing? If so, perhaps you could install the same version of IE and test your slider from there to see if you notice the same problems. If the slider works, it may help confirm that it's an IE setting causing the issue.

Is there a particular error message you are getting or could you describe the symptoms in a bit more detail?
Thanks for your help Matt,

Version 11.0.9600.18861

I have tested in different computers, it's definitely an IE issue as same creative / intercept work well on chrome and other browsers.

The website were we are introducing the SI code is a private web, customers need to login to access the content. This isn't an issue in other browsers.

I don't get any error messages, we only know that customers using IE are not able to see the creative. In this case it's a slider, with no capping or any other filters. It's a very simple intercept, which I have tested in other webs and it works fine.

I cannot think of more information that will be useful.

Any other help will be most appreciated.

Cristina
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
1) If you take the same creative/intercept and test it on a different site, using the same IE 11.0.9600.18861 browser, is the creative displayed correctly? I think you are saying "Yes" but can you confirm?

2) On the site where your intercept/creative are broken in IE11, can you reproduce the issue while having your IE 11 developer tools open (F12)? In other words: Open the browser, open the developer tools, launch the site and meet the conditions necessary to fire the intercept. Do you get any warnings or errors in the console? Anything blocked?

If you confirm item 1 above, then I think Qualtrics is right to direct you to your IT team. Item 2 could potentially help you see more about what's actually happening under the covers when that intercept fails.
1. YES, we have done that testing to isolate our website as the "cause" of problems.
2. I just did and I get 2 errors on one of the pages (attached) and lots of errors in the other.

I am happy to go to my IT team, but I need to talk to them with some information. That's why your suggestion is helping a lot.

Thanks,
Cristina
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I can't really tell what the specific issue is from here, but I think you've got enough info now to open a ticket with your IT team.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Leave a Reply