How to send reminder email to selected unfinished respondents? | XM Community
Solved

How to send reminder email to selected unfinished respondents?

Dear team,
I have sent an initial invite and then reminder to around 20600 students. Now, some students are facing issue, some having link issues, others cannot find the email. I would like to send a reminder email to SELECTED unfinished respondents (some who have started survey and some who didn't). Is there a way to do this?
icon

Best answer by SuzanneFS 11 April 2018, 11:57

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Out of the box in Qualtrics, I want to say that there isn't a way to do this (please feel free to correct me if someone knows better).

The easiest way I can think of would be to export your distribution list and break it into "started" versus "not-started" based on "Status" field and then solicit this way. For those who haven't started the survey, it is easier as you don't have to worry about sending the same survey link and do a solicitation like normal. However, for those who have started the survey, you will want to find a way to systematically hyperlink the survey link in the email distribution (if it is a small number of people, this process isn't that time consuming to do manually).
Thank you for getting back to me.
However, I have a question, for those who haven't started the survey, if I send them a new link, I would like to ensure that at a later stage, they do not get back to the old email and do that survey as well. I would like to ensure there are no duplicate responses. Would that be possible?
Hi,
Has anyone else got back to you about this, as I have the same issue. Students have come back an a dozen or so have said that they have deleted the invitation. The reminder is not due out for another 3 weeks, and don't wan to send out any earlier. So would like to just send to individuals.
Thanks
Suzanne
hey suzan. This option is a bit complicated. You need to download your mailing list from contacts. Change subscription stats for those you want to send specific reminder to 0 and others as 1.
Then upload the contacts again and then send reminder. This will only to go the ones who are subscribed by you manually now.
Oh that does sound complicated...... would have thought that there would have been an option who to send the reminder to, the whole of the group or those who have not responded or individuals....... but thank for getting back so promptly 🙂
Yes, well I thought so too! 😃
But tbh its not that difficult. I will share with you the video that Qualtrics sent me for this. It will be useful. Its do able. Heres the video link.https://monosnap.com/file/atHuTGxGU1OOT6rkYxppZwLV6Y5QUu
Just for info, I managed to 'Download History' first email invite sent on the distributions tab, this brought up a CSV file with the URL link to the survey. I then found the student and used the email account and that Qualtrics is linked to and just sent the individuals their URL to the survey again. Not good for larger groups but ok for 1 or 2 individuals.
Although you could mail merge via Word and send emails that way for large group but not for the thousands.
Well, it differs from user to user. If you an expert in excel, it shouldn't be a problem with some excel tricks.
Yes, there are many ways to do it. 😀
Good luck
Farjana - appreciate your solution. We had the same issue. We send surveys to a distribution list of 6400 users. Later found out that 500 were wrong, and didn't want them to receive the "reminder" email. Your video perfectly showed how to exclude those 500 users from receiving the reminder email. Thanks!

Leave a Reply