A lot of people get to the last page of the survey but don't click the last button. | XM Community
Solved

A lot of people get to the last page of the survey but don't click the last button.

• 15 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
A lot of people get to the last page of the survey but don't click the last button. How can I make sure they click the last button to submit?
icon

Best answer by KatC 15 November 2017, 23:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
It may not be most elegant solution, but I usually change the final button in the survey to say Done. I then mention in the final question something like - "Press the Done Button when you're ready to submit your survey" This makes it clear to users that they have one last step to complete.

You can find tips on how to change the appearance of the button here:
https://qualtrics.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/96/i-would-like-to-change-the-text-of-the-next-previous-buttons-on-my-survey-how-can-i-do-this#latest
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Usually, when my users have this problem it's because they add a text/description question at the bottom of the survey that says something like "Thank you for completing the survey!" This makes the participant think that they are done, even before clicking the last button. Instead of including a thank you message within the survey, I recommend putting the thank you wording in an end of survey message. This increases the chance that the response is recorded in full.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Similar to @KatC I change the final "next" button (I change it to say "Submit"), and I add text that says "Please click on "Submit" to complete and submit your survey. And similar to @lillianc I add a separate end of survey message. This does seem to help quite a bit (eliminates the problem of people just closing the browser window on the last page).
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I do the same as what @lillianc mentioned above - I typically don't include any thank you/end of survey language within the survey itself. Instead, I just use the end of survey messaging, and haven't had any issues with dropouts on my last page!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Barnaby Sometimes I create a new block at the very end of the survey for the sole purpose of displaying a "thank you please click submit" message, along with the Submit button. Then, in the survey flow, I can embed data right before that last block that indicates they made it to the end of the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
One thing we have done recently is to add our end of survey message to the text of the last question. Most people know they need to click the next button after a question so this has all but eliminated the problem for us.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Another idea might be to have the "Thank you" message appear as soon as the respondent clicks on the answer to the last question so it isn't on a new page that they will then need to hit the "Next/Submit/Done" button for.

Leave a Reply