I am leaving the company, and I want to ensure my colleagues can retain access to my surveys. | XM Community
Solved

I am leaving the company, and I want to ensure my colleagues can retain access to my surveys.

• 15 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I am leaving the company, and I want to ensure my colleagues can retain access to my surveys and results in Qualtrics. Do you know how best to go about this transition?
icon

Best answer by lillianc 16 November 2017, 00:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
In the past, I've seen other colleagues share their survey to our central organizational library. From there, anyone who has access to that library can see the survey and findings.

I'd be curious to see if there's another way to do this as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Every workgroup and situation is different, but what I normally do for my users is ask them to share the surveys with their group if there is a group already set up. I also ask them to identify another person in their workgroup who should be the new owner for the survey. From the admin tab, I can transfer surveys seamlessly from user to user. If I did not transfer the survey to another user, the ability to share the survey would be lost until I transferred ownership to someone.

If there were a feature that allowed groups to own surveys and results, it would simplify all of this. A lot of our users work in teams where no one should "own" the survey - the group should own it.
Badge
FYI - according to a conversation I had with Qualtrics Support, Brand Admins can only transfer surveys from user to user, but this does not include any other content such as library content.

For example, an end of survey message is automatically saved in the users library and will stay within the survey when it transfers, but to edit it in the future the new owner will have to make a new one from scratch in their own library because the link to the original message has been severed.

Good news is you contact Qualtrics Support to have the rest of the content transferred to another user.

Leave a Reply