Search and replace within a single block or within the library (not across whole survey)? | XM Community
Solved

Search and replace within a single block or within the library (not across whole survey)?

• 15 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
Hello,

I need to search and replace several words and phrases within half the blocks in my survey, but not the other half. One way would be to do search and replace within a single block. Another would be to copy only the relevant blocks to the library and do them all there.

Is there a way for me to use Tools -> Review -> Search and Replace just within a single block, or alternatively, in the library? I've tried, but haven't found a way,
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 17 April 2018, 01:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @ruthjlee,

Simply select the question of the block from where you want to start "search".

!

In my example, I wanted to search and replace the text from block 10, so I selected Q5 and then perform search and replace. It started searching the text from Q5.
Badge +3
Thank you very much - that will work in this case. For future reference, I wonder if there's any way to do it when the blocks I want to change are interspersed with those I don't?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can put a feature request for this. If the demand for this feature is high then the Qualtrics Engineering team will look into it as early as possible.
Badge +3
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam, unfortunately I tried your solution and it didn't work - as soon as I go to search and replace, Qualtrics deselects my question and wants to search and replace within the whole survey (tested by going one replacement at a time). I wonder if there is some prerequisite for this to work that is not in place in my survey?

Leave a Reply