Combining Topics in Text Analysis | XM Community
Solved

Combining Topics in Text Analysis

• 17 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Is there a way to combine already tagged topics in Text analysis?
icon

Best answer by JessicaGregoryWalker 19 April 2018, 15:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @nryalls

Can you please share a snapshot of it? This will help in providing you my views...

I believe you should try creating a new topic ("combined") and perform the search with OR condition which you used for your other 2 topics

Check this documentation:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text/searching-text-responses/
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'd also be interested in learning if there's a more streamlined way than what I'm doing now.

My workaround thus far has been as described above. Namely, to create a new topic that contains the keywords from both categories I'm trying to combine, which takes a little bit of copy/pasting. So, for example:
* I have topics "Quality" and "Out of Stock", but have decided I want to combine these together into one category.
* I copy the keywords in my "Quality" category (quality|dent|fresh|consistency) and in my "Out of Stock" category (out of stock|OOS|available) into the search bar that appears when viewing All Responses. So now my search bar shows "quality|dent|fresh|consistency|out of stock|OOS|available" - then I search and create a new topic as I usually do (now represents the two categories, combined).
* Then I can go back and delete the individual categories.

Hope this helps!

Leave a Reply