Creating a Pop-Up Window over question options | XM Community
Solved

Creating a Pop-Up Window over question options

• 19 April 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm building a survey to get feedback on courses I am developing at Tulane University. I'm using the Matrix Table style of question, and have the Statements as the Course Titles. I'd like to have a pop-up window appear after a roll-over/click on the Statement that will have the Course Description if folks need more detail and information about that particular course. I don't want the question itself to be so text heavy.

I see an option in the Rich Text Editor to create a hyperlink to a text anchor, but it seems like the text anchor has to be in the question itself, which kinda defeats the point of moving the text to the pop-up window.

I am new to Qualtrics, but after scouring the help and community area, I can't seem to find a solution on how to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather not build another suite and use the URL/Anchor there, as I don't want the course information to be public yet, so any other thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 19 April 2018, 22:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @jerlenaz

I believe you are looking for something similar to this (https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/51#Comment_51) however, if you want to give some styling to the text then we would need to use CSS (hover over)
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam Thank you so much! So easy and will do the trick perfectly!
Badge

I have a survey question about participant's ages and I have put a skip logic to end the survey when certain age ranges are put. However, I want to put a pop-up message to warn the surveyor that the survey will end if certain age ranges are put in. How do I add that popup message? I tried custom validation but that stops from moving to the next question even when the person is confident to end the survey.

Leave a Reply