Hide Radio Buttons in Multiple Choice and Make Inserted Answer Image Selectable For Branded Template | XM Community
Solved

Hide Radio Buttons in Multiple Choice and Make Inserted Answer Image Selectable For Branded Template

• 24 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Good Afternoon,

I would appreciate any guidance or recommendations on how to accomplish the following on a per question base (not looking for this to be a global effect to the entire survey):

- Single select, multiple choice question
- Each answer has an embedded image
- Remove the radio buttons from each of the answer selections
- Make the inserted image the actionable object (i.e.: What the user selects to advance forward)
- Using a Branded template

I have looked on multiple forums and spent a considerable amount of time just trying to figure out how to hide the radio buttons.

I know the solution requires JS support to work, but, I am a complete NOOB when it comes to JS (and any coding that's not Excel VBA).

Thanks in advance for any support you may be able to provide.
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 25 April 2018, 00:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You may want to consider looking at which theme you are using. many themes don'r have visible radio buttons by default.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @RobandCI

The quick fix without JS would be changing the theme.

If you use a flat button theme then you don't have to hide the "radio" button.
When you preview the link it will show the image (without radio button). The image will be the actionable object.

Here is the documentation for changing the theme:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/look-feel/applying-survey-themes/
Thanks everyone!

My organization leverages a branded version of Qualtrics. When I switch to a standard Q template I lose some of the key elements (Logo, Removal of "powered by Q", etc.) - this is why I was hoping to achieve it with some JS code.

Looks like I might just have to request a new Branded template to fit my needs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @RobandCI said:
> Thanks everyone!
>
> My organization leverages a branded version of Qualtrics. When I switch to a standard Q template I lose some of the key elements (Logo, Removal of "powered by Q", etc.) - this is why I was hoping to achieve it with some JS code.
>
> Looks like I might just have to request a new Branded template to fit my needs.
>
>

Requesting a new branded theme would be ideal, though you may be able to modify a standard theme to include the elements / changes you need in the mean time.
Userlevel 1
Hi @RobandCI
Did you find a solution for this?
I am having the same issue and cannot change the theme as we got everything else to work finally 😉 Would be great to have some JS for this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @cloof! If you have a follow up question, be sure to create a new post so it gets more visibility 🙂.
Hi @cloof

No, I didn't find any JS that I could get to work. Instead I had a new template development for my needs.

Good luck.

Leave a Reply