Solved

Get retake response links for all responses

• 11 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
Is there a way to export the retake response links for each survey response? I need a CSV with each link and I don't have time to copy and paste one for each response (we have over 2500).
icon

Best answer by Clint 16 November 2017, 17:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I believe you can download the distribution history which will have the link for each person that was initially sent the survey.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
> @JenF said:
> I believe you can download the distribution history which will have the link for each person that was initially sent the survey.

I downloaded that and found all of their original links, however, this doesn't really get me what I need for a couple of reasons:
- This gives links for everyone I sent the survey to rather than everyone who completed it
- These links are not re-usable so those who already finished the survey cannot use them as a retake link
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Dax
So you want to send the survey to only those that completed it the first time? Was your survey sent via email/personal links so you have an embedded email field?

If you have an embedded email field, one kind of backward way to do it would be to export your data, filter by survey completion, save the emails of those that completed it as a new contact list and resend it. Not very elegant but I think it'd work. 😕
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @Dax said:
> Is there a way to export the retake response links for each survey response? I need a CSV with each link and I don't have time to copy and paste one for each response (we have over 2500).

Can you help us understand why you want to have the people who have taken your survey RE-take the survey? Or do you plan to send to everyone again?

Did you use a contact list when you sent it out?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
1. In Data & Analysis > Click on the down arrow under Actions for one of the responses.
2. Select either "Retake Response" or "Retake as New Response" depending on what kind of link you want.
3. You will get a link that is structured like this: * https://wsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SurveyId?Q_R=ResponseId&Q_R_DEL=1 -> Retake Response * https://wsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SurveyId?Q_R=ResponseId -> Retake as New Response *
(note the addition of &Q_R_DEL=1 to the query string for Retake Response)
4. Export data as CSV.
5. Open in spreadsheet Insert new columns to the left and right of the "Response ID" column.
6. Copy the "https://wsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SurveyId?Q_R=" part of your retake response link, select the column to the left of the Response ID column, paste it into the equation line, and then cmd/control + enter to fill all rows in that column.
7. In the column to the left of the "Response ID" column, do a merge of the previous two columns.

!

Leave a Reply