Sending incentives in Research Core? | XM Community
Solved

Sending incentives in Research Core?

Badge +2
Is it possible to send out an incentive (e.g., gift code) immediately upon completion of a survey in Research Core? Or any suggestions for how to do this as painlessly as possible? Our process is manual and we would love to speed it up! Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Rich_Boits_Walker 5 May 2018, 21:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Lwalker

If you have "Target Audience" in your license then you will be able to use incentive feature of it.

I hope you are using email distribution for distributing the surveys.

Here is the documentation on incentive management.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/single-instance-incentives/
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
To use the in-product incentives setup you currently need Target Audience. Trying to think outside the box, you could do something along the lines of purchasing a bulk set of gift card codes, and pull them into a separate mailing list using piped text for the folks that complete your survey as a thank you email.

Doing a quick search I found you could purchase bulk gift card codes from Amazon here:
https://amazon.com/bulk-gift-cards/b?ie=UTF8&node=15243200011

I'm sure there are other online storefronts that offer a similar thing as well.
Badge +2
Thanks. I don't have Target Audience, but maybe the I can use the Thank you emails and piped text for those who completed the survey to send out the bulk gift codes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Lwalker,

Probably the best way to do this would be to create a database table of gift codes, then use a web service script to grab an unused gift code of the correct denomination, mark it as used and return it to the survey to be piped into your thank you email. You'll want to build some robust security into your web service script to make sure it only returns gift codes for authorized uses.
Badge +2
@TomG, thank you! We will give that a try.
We will soon be releasing a new feature in the Actions tab that will provide single instance incentives to participants taking your survey. This will be similar to Target Audience incentives, however having Target Audience will not be required to use it. You will be able to add incentives to your survey by integrating with Rewards Genius' Tango Card program. All you need to get started is a free account with them and you will be able to send gift cards to your participants after they complete your survey. We will have documentation on how to use this new feature once it rolls out, but I wanted to make you aware that this could be an alternative option if your project isn't launching right away!
Badge +2
@emilyh That is great news! Sounds like a very easy option. Looking forward to learning more.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @Lwalker! You can find documentation for the Single-Instance Incentives here. If you are having difficulty accessing the feature, I recommend reaching out to our support team and they cna help you out!
Badge +2
@Emily, that is really GREAT news! Thank you!
Badge +1
The new integration with Tango Cards looks great. You can also interact directly with their API through web service calls, but it's definitely a little more challenging to set up. I think GiftBit also has an API that could probably be used with a web service call, but I have not tried that.
Badge

Ganesh Ram (ganesh@xoxoday.com)
Hello Everyone,
I understand that you are looking for a tool that lets you, gift recipients, directly from Qualtrics!
I would like to introduce you to XoxodayPlum- Qualtrics Integration in the Qualtrics marketplace. Now, send gifts to incentivize survey panelists with Plum for Qualtrics! With 21,000+ reward options from over 100+ countries, now allow your panelists to redeem their reward points on our extensive global catalog which includes gift cards, experiences, and more. You will also receive 100% refunds on reward links that are not redeemed hence saving you costs!
To know more about the integration, visit https://www.xoxoday.com/plum-integration/qualtrics
Best,
Ambika (I work for Xoxoday)

Leave a Reply