Can you limit the amount of choices selected in a Multiple Choice question? | XM Community
Solved

Can you limit the amount of choices selected in a Multiple Choice question?

• 10 May 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hi,

I have a multiple choice question with 9 choices, however I require the person completing this question to be only able to select 3 of them. The question is: "When you are deciding which degree to pursue, what type of questions are most important to you? Choose three".

There is another follow up question for each of the three choices selected so I have used Loop & Merge for this, which works well.

Can you limit the amount of choices selected in a multiple choice question? Obviously you can make it a "single answer" multiple choice question but what I need is more like a "triple answer" multiple choice question.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks
John
icon

Best answer by BeatR 29 September 2021, 08:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, you can. Below is the screen-shot on how you can provide "at least" and "no more than"
for "Multiple Answer" question.

!
Badge
Great! Thank you so much for your help.
Badge

This answer seems to be outdated. I could use an updated answer, help?
I have a multiple choice question with choices, however I require the person completing this question to be only able to select 3 of them. The question says, "Choose three names below".
Can you limit the amount of choices selected in a multiple choice question? Obviously you can make it a "single answer" multiple choice question but what I need is more like a "triple answer" multiple choice question.

Badge +5

Hi JulesSnarr
Yes, thats possible. Change an "Answer type" to allow multiple answer to get checkboxes.
Then you have to scroll down to "add validation" and turn it on. Then chose "answer range" and set your min / max answers that you like to have.
Does this help?
answer.jpg

Badge

Hi,

I have a multiple choice question with 9 choices, however I require the person completing this question to be only able to select 3 of them. The question is: "When you are deciding which degree to pursue, what type of questions are most important to you? Choose three".

There is another follow up question for each of the three choices selected so I have used Loop & Merge for this, which works well.

Thanks
John

This didn't work for me. I want 2 options to be selected. 

Badge

Thanks! So if I go above 2 choices (i.e., B,C,D), I’ll get prompted only when I click ‘’Next’’. That works because I’m only allowed to select 2 choices.

But, is there a way to set it so that if you go above 2 that it automatically removes a previous selection 

So that it's only ever 2 choices highlighted?

Leave a Reply