Is it possible to add a map interface in the survey, for example Google Maps? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to add a map interface in the survey, for example Google Maps?

• 21 March 2018
  • 8 replies

In my survey, I would like to let respondents map certain points on a map, and have the GPS coordinates of these points as data output. Is this possible with Qualtrics? And if so, how?
icon

Best answer by Samarth 21 March 2018, 12:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @lverbrug,

You may include Google maps in Qualtrics please refer to an example code available on below link.

https://codepen.io/jonvadillo/pen/NNZzwB

Regards,
Samarth
Hi Samarth,

When I copy the javascript in the editor of a question, nothing happens. I do not have any experience with programming language. Could you possibly explain it step by step?

Many thanks,
Laura
Hi Samarth,

I tried the HTML code and this showed a blank map in the survey. I would like the opposite: to show a map and have people move the marker. Is there another code for this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Laura
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @lverbrug ,

I will share a survey file with code included on Monday hope that it works.

Regards,
Samarth
That would be great! Thank you
Hi @Samarth,

I am working on the same issue as Laura above. Is there any chance you could please share your tutorial with me? I would be very grateful.

Thank you so much,

Michal
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @lverbrug and @michal ,

Apologies it has been busy last month. I will try to create the setup next week and will share my QSF file.

Regards,
Samarth
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @lverbrug and @michal ,

I have tried to create and Map example on Qualtrics however it seems to be not be working when it comes in Qualtrics environment.

The code is working well when used in any other environment however when it comes to Qualtrics it is not working.

I have seen a thread https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/2151#Comment_2151 where community members seems to have a solution for this. can you please check within the thread if it helps and if successful please share the solution with me too!

Regards,
Samarth

Leave a Reply