Inline question in library message: Email Invitation | XM Community
Solved

Inline question in library message: Email Invitation

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi guys!

I was told by support, that it is not possible to have inline question when distributing a survey invitation via API. However, I am not 100% sure if that really can be.

A) When I am creating the "Email Invitation" in the message library , I can actually choose to embed inline question, but can choose 1 question from one of my many surveys. I need to choose a question from my most recent survey I have created.

😎 Qualtrics automatically sends feedback emails to us as customers/clients right after a Qualtrics support. I am pretty confident, that they do not do a manual distribution every time 🙂

Inline question is such a powerful element, if only you have that one question. That is why I am incredibly surprised why I cannot simply add that to a message library (email invitation) which we automatically call via API when we distribute (we choose which message_id to bring into our distribution).

Also seem pretty random that I can choose 1 question from what seem to be a random survey into my message library > email invitation.

Hope someone can clarify. Thanks a lot!
icon

Best answer by Emily 17 May 2018, 21:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @AbdulDezkam! Our Support Rep, Yannick, reached out to you with an explanation as to how we do this here at Qualtrics, but we wanted to share this publicly here with anyone else who might be interested.

Our message actually gets tricky. It builds two distinct HTML buttons in the message, both of which are the individual link, but with a query string appended - "Yes" or "No," depending on which button the user selects. We save that into Embedded Data in the survey, which is how we skip the user right past the question when they enter our survey. We also check if that value is empty — if it is, we ask the user the first question in our survey and save their response to that embedded data field.

!

You can compose an email, embed an inline question, and save it as a message.
image.png

Leave a Reply