CX certification | XM Community

CX certification

• 16 November 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Would love to hear more about CX certification from those who have gone through the process!

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hi @RachelTHREE Been through two certifications. In the past, I received access to web site portal study guide for the course. There was full day at summit for course review, completing a project (hello Star Wars Sabers) and then exam after. It was pretty grueling. You receive notification a few weeks after Summit if you passed and have the ability to retake once for free with a proctor.

It sounds like Qualtrics may have changed certification a bit, and will have us take the course online and just test at X4? Not sure about this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @JulieT said:
> Hi @RachelTHREE Been through two certifications. In the past, I received access to web site portal study guide for the course. There was full day at summit for course review, completing a project (hello Star Wars Sabers) and then exam after. It was pretty grueling. You receive notification a few weeks after Summit if you passed and have the ability to retake once for free with a proctor.
>
> It sounds like Qualtrics may have changed certification a bit, and will have us take the course online and just test at X4? Not sure about this.

This is my understanding as well. I think that last year doing it all in person was to test out the coursework. But at this point everything has moved to an online format. I can't speak to the CX certification, but I know the MR certification was EXTREMELY valuable for me personally.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@AnthonyR is this how you're able to answer so many questions? 😉
@RachelTHREE certification via X4 saves big $$ too! The non X4 CX course is priced at $2499. Now you HAVE to go to X4!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@JulieT My work likes to push the envelope, and I hate saying no to a challenge! 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I feel the best training you can get will be on the job over time, but the thing I found most helpful about certifications was the way in which it would give you little lightbulb moments where you realized there was functionality you could be using to be better at your job / save time. Wouldn't have had some of those otherwise, I suspect. And hey, it's always nice to have a new certification. I've done three of them (the old bronze, silver, gold) and managed to pass each one the first time without too extensively studying. Agree the one that was all day at summit was a little grueling, though all worth it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Do any of you currently have access to the CX certification online?

Also, to add to this conversation, I thought I read somewhere that they will no longer have tests online for certification. I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate, but after taking the Gold Cert exam via the online proctor, I think it's wise to never do that ever again.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR I'd love to know more about your experience w/ the MR cert!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnneF That's a really great insight - thanks so much for sharing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RachelTHREE I'd be happy to share!

Since last year was the pilot, this one was only available in person. The group size was small, and it was awesome getting to hear best practices, other peoples use cases and experiences, and to get to network with some the best and brightest people in the industry. I found it unbelievably valuable for myself and the work I do on a daily basis. It really gave me a new perspective.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi,

I would recommend you attend the CX Expert bootcamp delivered by Qualtrics. I did it in Dec 2017.

Then, go through and review all the course materials and hands-on exercises, as well as tests. I did that in Feb 2018.

Obviously, if you have hands-on experience, that will definitely help.

I took the exam in X4 and passed! Really happy
Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Hi,
it seems all Qualtrics certifications expire after 2 years. Except the Qualtrics Platform Essentials certification. But is that in fact correct?
My click path was: >view our FAQ's > Will my Qualtrics certificate expire> I completed my certification after July 2020 > the following statement appears:

All certifications are now valid for 18 months.  More information around how to recertify and the options available to you will be shared at a later date.

Leave a Reply