What is the best way to accomplish this with Qualtrics? | XM Community
Solved

What is the best way to accomplish this with Qualtrics?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I need to create a survey that will be used for tracking call attempts from a phone survey. The beginning of the survey starts with contact authentication and then a question to confirm that they are calling the correct person. After that I have a block where I would like to track all of the call attempt information (date, time, result of call, etc). This is currently set up as a side-by-side item. I need to track up to 5 attempts.

The issue I am running into is figuring out how to save the information from the previous call attempts so it is visible each time someone authenticates in for another call attempt, while still forcing participants to go through the confirmation page at the beginning of the survey. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to do this?
icon

Best answer by TomG 25 May 2018, 18:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
We have a survey where we do something very similar. Populate your current respondent information into embedded variables, use those variables to pre-populate your questions using "Add Default Choices...", then use a Contract Trigger to update the respondent's info at the end of the survey.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Tom,

Thank you. I will give this a try. I was trying a different approach of having the end of survey message redirect to a "retake link" for the survey, but that doesn't seem to be saving the responses, even though it is a retake link.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
For radio buttons, how do you set default choices based on ED?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
For radio buttons you have to use JavaScript. Pipe your embedded variable into an if statement then use setChoiceValue.
Badge

Hi,
Thanks for this thread, super useful. In our survey we have default radio buttons based on embedded data. What I have not successfully managed so far, however, is storing those same default values back into embedded data if the respondents don't change the default values! If the respondents change the default values, I am able to store their response with the questionclick function.
Any pointers to how I might solve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47690#Comment_47690Not sure why you need to do this since you'll have the question answers, but you can use the addOnPageSubmit() function to find the checked values and save them to embedded fields.

Leave a Reply