What is your favorite 'Widget'? | XM Community

What is your favorite 'Widget'?

• 14 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I typically use tradition vertical or horizontal bar charts since that is what most people who consume my reports are used to. However, I really like using the 'Breakdown Bar' either horizontally or vertically, depending on the text that is associated with each value. I like these because not only are they a little different, but you can use them in thin slices on your dashboard that help break up the screen for your consumers. In a sea of boxes with vertical bar charts with a series of 5 point scales, it's nice to have something that might cut across the entire screen or along the side that makes you stop and see what's different about this data. Keeps readers engaged, I think.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Most of my dashboards have a combination of gauge charts, breakdown bars, regression analysis (key drivers), word clouds, and simple charts. If you have an NPS survey I'd say you have to use the breakdown bar to show the groups (detractors, passives, promoters). I've found no better way to explain to people at my company how NPS scores are calculated, along with providing additional context. I recently also was clued in that I could also show trending of SAT or NPS groups over time, by using in a simple bar chart. Have fun! I feel you can get away with a lot of types of visuals if you add little explanatory notes as necessary (using rich text editor widget).
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
I'm a fan of scatter plots, but don't get to use them very often. I also like gauge charts and word clouds!

Leave a Reply