How can I measure completion rate in a dashboard? | XM Community
Solved

How can I measure completion rate in a dashboard?

• 11 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
We are changing some things on our CX survey, but our executive team is worried that it will affect our completion rate. Is there a way to put a measure of our completion rate into the dashboard so that we can monitor it closely?
icon

Best answer by JakeW 1 December 2017, 03:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
If you are sending a survey using a Contact List, add a column for 'Sample Size' where each row's value is equal to the number of people in your contact list. Then, add a 'Number Chart' widget that points to a Custom Measure that you create in the 'Custom Metrics' tab. Your custom metric should be the 'count' (of responses) divided by the 'average' of your 'Sample Size' variable. Since all respondents will have the same value here, the Average of all of these will match the total potential respondents in your Contact List.

Custom Metric = Count / average('Sample Size')

If not using a Contact List, or you already have the survey in the field, you can simply create this Custom Metric, but instead of taking Count / 'Sample Size', you can simply pop in the total number of people on your Contact list.

Custom Metric = Count / ####
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@JakeW - it does seem like this custom metric is the way to go but I'm not positive about the "Sample Size" piece...is there any way it could dynamically update based on the # of invitations we sent or the # of people who started the survey?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@Dax - I'm not sure if the Denominator for this custom metric can be dynamic... You can certainly set the denominator to match the # of invitations sent. However, I'm not sure you'd want to have your denominator match the # of started surveys. You'd have to constantly change that number, and I'm not 100% sure that Vocalize will notice the difference between Survey Starts and Completed Surveys.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@Dax If you go to your Dashboard Settings page and add the metadata field 'Start Date', and then add this as the denominator of your Custom Metric, that might do the trick of dynamically calculating the response percentage based on the count of survey starters.

Leave a Reply