Does anybody regularly use Qualtrics for anything but surveys? | XM Community

Does anybody regularly use Qualtrics for anything but surveys?

• 30 November 2017
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Does anybody use Qualtrics for anything but surveys? I have been using it on our campus for many things that have nothing to do with surveys, such as some low-level support tools for Canvas, administration of our senior exam for our business school students, and as a registration tool for our community partnership program. Anybody have some cool use cases to improve efficiencies?

24 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Our College of Education uses it A LOT for review of student involvement, review of student teachers in their classrooms (using the Offline App), etc. Our Vet Med college is using it allow other students to provide feedback on their fellow work group involvement and their own participation experience with their work group. These might work out to be actual surveys, but it _seems _to be a little different.

We do have faculty on campus developing a Qualtrics survey as a placement exam for Russian and Chinese. The goal is to have their results on that test be pushed into their SIS data so they can automatically enroll for higher-level courses without an advisor needing to push a button or approve something manually.

Our Career Services team (also involved in internships and Study Away programs) is using it for Study Away enrollment opportunities with a connection via MySql to our payment portal.

We have our Student Success group using Qualtrics this semester to collect feedback on non-cognitive success factors. We have uploaded the data into a web portal where "raters" go in and analyze the students' responses with a score for each of the 4 questions. Their score provides guidance on whether that student needs to be offered additional help/support either via tutoring, mentoring (life skills), or counseling/peer support opportunities.

I've used a rather complicated (and ugly, TBH) survey to have people select 3 business shirts (styles, colors, sizes) that they wanted the department to order. Lots of skip logic, branching.

I also use it all the time for registrations for events and even something as simple as what people want for lunch from Panera for the lunch meeting.

Some of these do fall into the "survey" category, but they definitely are out of the regular scope of a research survey. 🙂

I'm sure there are a ton more cool things happening, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head. I'm in an admin role and I take any opportunity I have to encourage other admins to use it for event RSVPs just because it is SO much easier than the old email routine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
A small thing, but I have a list of restaurants near the office and use it to poll our team for where we are going to lunch on Fridays when most of the team likes to go out together.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @JasonHill said:
> Does anybody use Qualtrics for anything but surveys? I have been using it on our campus for many things that have nothing to do with surveys, such as some low-level support tools for Canvas, administration of our senior exam for our business school students, and as a registration tool for our community partnership program. Anybody have some cool use cases to improve efficiencies?

Yes, we are always looking for ways to utilize Qualtrics.
* We run many events throughout the year and pre-registration is done with online with Qualtrics
* Our Learning Module System feeds people over to Qualtrics form after completion of a test to capture contact information for a giveaway (incentive for taking the test).
* * Site Intercept is used for capturing and qualifying leads of particular products on our website and then we feed that to SFDC. We also use Site Intercept for our site feedback.
* Course evaluations for training we have conducted are done in Qualtrics
* Just to name a few...
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@JasonHill I have forms set up for:
* Course Evaluations
* Tax Intercept (online form that allows students who owe us money to appeal us digging into their state tax return)
* Employee evaluation (somewhat like a 360 but without the added 360 feature)
* Student Developed App contest form
* Strategic Planning brainstorming activities
* Registration forms for various events
* Academic Program Review
* Online data collection for intervention where faculty/staff made phone calls to 'at-risk' students to provide them with support to stay on track (we call it Project Early Success)
* Data request forms for our office (IR) and the registrar
* Clinical evaluation form that a proctor completes based on observations of students - used for accreditation of a healthcare program
* many more...
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
hi!
Besides faculty using it for tests/quizzes, I also have researchers using it for data collection (one is transfering data from hand written documents). We recently used it for Choir Auditions where the evaluators (music directors) used the tool to evaluate the performer (all 8 at the same time) - we presented the director with the information on the student (through a contact list using the authenticator) and then each could rate the student on different aspects of their audition.

I've helped units use it a LOT for workflow - we actually stood up a 3 hour class on how to do workflow with Qualtrics because of the demand. With the ability to pass information into a form via a URL and/or a Contact List, workflow has been a great player for us.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Still a survey I know, but slightly different way of using:
At a global top leadership conference, we used Qualtrics activaly to get input realtime and shape the topics to be discussed in the different breakout sessions. We used webapp (with all the conference details) to include our qualtrics-driven input fields. All results and input where showing up on big screen throughout the conference areas. This was also used to get realtime feedback from participants on the events and again the results showing realtime as we fixed a browser-plugin to refresh the page every minut or two.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@JasonHill at WSSU we use Qualtrics for:
Update forms and request forms (mainly for alumni)
Course Evaluations
Rubric/Outcomes data collection

But the thing I'm most proud of is our interactive "self assessment" tool for nursing students. They answer a set of questions to see which nursing program they should apply to. It's set to debut on the website early next year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@JasonHill - I tried to find
*Holiday quizzes
* We also import data from another vendor (phone survey vendor) via an API and generate weekly reports through vocalize to send out to stakeholders.
* At a previous role, I used the ticketing tool to track enterprise change management across various departments.
* Paired evaluation reconciliation (facilitate conversations when a self-evaluation of a project differs from the supervisor's evaluation of the same project).
* Team elections
* Much much more.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Here are a few I have personally been involved in:

* Event registrations are a popular choice (in some cases we use quotas and display logic to make timeslots disappear when they fill up, which I was delighted to figure out)
* Our teaching librarians present a welcome-to-the-library session for incoming students who visit over the summer for orientation. There is a Buzzfeed-style personality quiz that the audience participates in by choosing "this or that" questions. Students answer with iClicker devices, then the session host takes the winning choice and enters it into a Qualtrics survey. The choices have point values and the sum of the points ultimately determines the group's personality type.
* Once a few years ago, I imported maps of a building into a survey and built heatmap questions out of them to prototype a space-assessment tool for a unit's facilities department. This would probably have been more useful if a heatmap question could have more than ten points, since many of their rooms had more than ten places to sit.
* We are currently in the process of retiring an old, self-hosted quizzing tool, that was not integrated with our LMS, by recreating its assessments as Qualtrics surveys with points. At this time, we have not integrated Qualtrics with our Canvas environment, but we're continuing to watch the progress on its LTI integration.

I talk to a lot of users every day, but there were people using Qualtrics before I got here, and U-M comprises three campuses, so I'm sure others out here have creative uses I'm not even aware of yet.
Badge +10
@MartyK - I attended one of your sessions at the 2018 conference and you were awesome to say the least!!!! I am interested in creating work flows and registration forms with Qualtrics but finding "how to's" is hard to come by though I am slowly finding "pieces of the puzzle" on this great community site. Should you ever offer an online 3-hour class, please let me know!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I just had to write up some of our business cases for our campus. Through my division we use it for:
surveying uses:
* course evaluation
* reflection on brown bags
* conference evaluation
* anonymous input (usually to HR)
* program evaluation (pre-, mid-, post-)

other uses
* Application, registration, reservations
* Calendaring appointments with faculty who don't like to use Outlook
* Collecting testimonials
* CEU request form
* Form to gather ideas for new programs
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
* downtime messages on our site
* lead generation w downloads
* newsletter sign up
* lunch n learn sign ups
* team outing registration
* wellness registration items - contests, etc...
* site feedback - mobile and desktop
* nomination form
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
For those of you who use Qualtrics as a registration form, have you found any good way of allowing people to log back in and change their registration?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
For small games, like you can ask some questions and than classify user in different category using scoring/
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@uhrxx005 I use trigger emails to confirm their registration and pipe in any necessary responses that they may need to verify. If I want to allow them to change it add in a retake response link to the email that allows them to edit and write over their entry without creating a new record in the data. See documentation: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/ under "Building a Retake Link"
Not sure if this string is still active but... has anyone used Qualtrics to design a training or compliance module? If you have designed a training or compliance module do you have a template or documentation you can share? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @ccervantes! I would recommend asking this as a separate question so it gets more visibility! To do so, you can click Ask a Question on the left side of your homepage. 🙂
> @LaurenK said:
> Hey @ccervantes! I would recommend asking this as a separate question so it gets more visibility! To do so, you can click Ask a Question on the left side of your homepage. :)

Thanks. Will do.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I recently started using the "imported data project" option under research core. It is awesome! It basically allows you to upload a data file (not linked to a survey) and simply analyse the data.
Badge +1
For everyone in this channel, it might be worthwhile to have a look at the Qualtrics LTI integration that Drieam developed for Canvas LMS: drieam.com/qualtrics.

As an Instructure as well as a Qualtrics partner, we aim to leverage the great functionalities of both platforms. Qualtrics LTI allows Canvas users to make Qualtrics surveys part of the learning experience in Canvas. Use cases include a.o. program & faculty evaluations, information request and adaptive knowledge tests/quizzes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@JasonHill This is a great question about diverse use cases. Being a US federal government agency, we have a unique use case that involves using Qualtrics for request for information (RFI) projects needed to gather information from the public regarding potential changes to certain programs or products. We are also using Qualtrics for small employee polls or surveys to support various internal projects.
Badge +1
We use it to send out invitations, manage the RSVP list and send reminders for marketing related events.
Badge

JakeW are you still around to connect

Badge +4

Sure am, tintin. What's going on?

Leave a Reply